Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Watercolor class

Monday March 21, 2011 Day 264

Before we left for Italy, I signed up for a watercolor class at the local art supply store. It was offered from 1:00 to 4:00 this afternoon. So shortly before the appointed hour, I left the apartment and walked to the art store. Once there, the clerk produced my supplies and I went back to join the instructor and two other ladies for a watercolor lesson painting the flowers of spring. The instructor had brought some poenies and assigned each of us to paint one to begin with. Then we returned the flowers to the vase and painted the entire vase. I can tell that I am not going to do well in classes here in France as long as they are conducted in French. I was unable to get the subtleties of the technique from her broken English and my broken French. I am not totally dissatisfied with the outcome, but I will not attempt any more classes over here.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/