Monday, April 25, 2011

Of tulips and haircuts

Wednesday April 6, 2011 Day 280

This morning I walked Jane, Mary Ellen and Aaron to the train station and saw them off to Nimes for the day. On the way back from the station I dropped by my hairdresser’s to schedule an appointment. She was not open yet, so I walked up to the 2€ store for a deep glass bowl in which to whip cream. We cleaned the apartment floors and straightened up a bit.

Our tulips decided to bloom for our company. Only three brought blooms to maturity - several others put out tiny blooms which never developed.


















In the afternoon I got my hair cut - I was getting desperate and didn’t want to wait another week. The hairdresser cut it too short on the top and took out almost all of the perm, but that’s the way it is in France - all the hairdressers want to take a lot off! Our guests returned from Nimes and we went to an early dinner, then home as usual for cards and dominoes.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/