Thursday, April 28, 2011

Market Lagniappe

Tuesday April 19, 2011 Day 293

When we got to the market this morning we paused at a vendor whom we do not usually visit - they sell coffee and some sweets, and we do not usually indulge in either. I don’t know exactly why we lingered at their booth, but we did, and I spied some caramels at 35 Eurocents each. I selected six and the gentleman behind the counter asked us where we are from. It turns out he was born in Michigan and graduated from A&M with a degree in aerospace engineering. We chatted a bit while his partner served clients. He admitted that he got side-tracked a bit from his degree! We left when the partner got overwhelmed with helping customers.

I finished the boutique picture today. It took a lot more work than I anticipated - it is full of little details. I am pretty pleased with it - as I find I am with those paintings which take more time. A part of me wants to keep up the hour paintings because they are satisfying on one level - I make push myself to say something with paints in a very short time. But I do like the more finished appearance I get with a more complex painting.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/