Thursday, April 28, 2011

Last day in Nice

Saturday April 16, 2011 Day 290

Aaron went out again for breakfast. Our morning goal was the Nice Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, which was a 20-minute walk from our hotel. The front of it is graced with a piece called The Square Head. Inside we saw a number of works by Arman, who is fast becoming a favorite of Aaron and myself.
On the way to the museum, we passed this unbearably charming bench. Nice!

Arman

Another Arman

This dress is made entirely of recycled material.
The body consists of water bottles, and the decoration is of woven and frayed plastic bags 


We had lunch at an outdoor café near the museum. We cut our time a little close and had to move along quickly to the hotel to pick up my suitcase so that I would make my train on time. We got to the station with only 5 minutes to spare. Fortunately my train was on Track A, so it was just a matter of stepping through the door and boarding. On the train, a young man was sitting in my seat, so I settled into another of the many empty ones in the train car. This lasted until Toulon, where a couple got on and indicated that I was in their seat. So I, in turn, ousted the young man from my seat. I don’t know where he moved to, but he left the car entirely.
 
I had a 20-minute layover in Marseilles, and our incoming train was a few minutes early, so I had time to grab some pasta with salmon, a couple of cookies and a small salad in the train station and I ate them on the train. Roger met me on the platform in Montpellier - I think he was really glad to see me!
 
It was so good to get home. The trip to Nice and the Côte d’Azur were good, but I really missed having someone who has a goal in mind when traveling, and knows what it is we are going to do, and with whom I have discussed activities to be had. This was not the case with my family, who spent too much time trying to figure out what everyone wanted to do.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/