Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cook & Eat - cooking the Easter bunny

Wednesday March 30, 2011 Day 273

I went to Cook & Eat this morning, where we learned how to debone a rabbit back and make stuffed rabbit rolls. They were excellent. We also had creamy mushroom soup, cherry tomatoes sautéed briefly and tossed with balsamic vinegar, and pasta as an accompaniment. We closed with salted caramel ice cream over crumbled chocolate chip cookies topped with chocolate sauce and caramel sauce. YUM!!!

Caroline had some lovely flowers which I photographed for future paintings. I find myself painting in my mind all the time, and taking photos of scenes or things I want to paint.




After Cook & Eat, I went out to the American Library to return Saturday by Ian McEwan. It is several weeks overdue. On my way home I walked to the Esplanade and took numerous photos of Roger playing chess. He was engrossed in his game and did not know I was there until the game was over - it is a 10-minute maximum game, called 5-minute chess, since each player has only five minutes of playing time. Sometimes these games come down to the wire, so that one guy has only a few seconds on his clock when the other guy runs out of time. Usually the latter is Roger - he has some difficulty with clock management. I got some really good photos. Alicia wants me to paint a picture of him playing chess. It will be a challenge, but I think I can manage it.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/