Tuesday, April 19, 2011

American Library again

Wednesday March 23, 2011 Day 266

I slept very badly last night - my mind just would not shut down when I went to bed, so I finally got up and posted blogs for an hour or so, did some other stuff on the computer, and returned to bed about 2:30. Not surprisingly, right after lunch, I took a long nap.

Afterward I went to the American Library to return some books. I forgot to take one, and I feel badly about it - I have had it for over a month. It is Ian McEwan’s Saturday - excellent book! I like the way he writes. The American Library is a tiny library - not even a thousand books, I think. There are more, but they are in storage. The library struggles to find a home. It has no money to rent a place, so is dependent upon the grace and generosity of others. It is only open for three hours a week, which seems so paltry.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/