Thursday, April 21, 2011

The essence of Roger

Thursday March 31, 2011 Day 274

I did not paint today, but I spent a portion of the day working on drawings for three paintings. Flowers do not require precise proportions or dimensions. Nature is pretty forgiving in that manner. But some of the paintings I am planning now require some precisison, and I worked to get some of that precision into place. One is of a local shop, and the lines need to be straight. The shop is symmetrical, so each side has to match the other. Two of the other paintings I am doing contain human forms. They, also, take much plotting and planning to get some measure of accuracy. I am thrilled with one of them - it is of Roger playing chess, and in just a few lines, I have captured the essence of Roger!

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/