Thursday, April 28, 2011

The dishwasher as a storage place for dirty dishes

Sunday April 17, 2011 Day 291

I woke up late and loafed the rest of the morning. It is really, really good to be home. We went out for a walk before settling in for the afternoon. I painted in the afternoon - still working on the boutique picture.

Living without a dishwasher has made me come to appreciate that appliance more. It is not that I mind doing dishes, but I do mind doing them more than once a day. However, in a small kitchen like ours, there is nowhere to put the dirty dishes where they are not in the way; so I generally end up washing the breakfast and lunch dishes in the middle of the afternoon, then whoever does not cook cleans up after dinner. On Sundays and other non-chess days, Roger gets to do the afternoon dishes. He loses on two fronts when chess gets rained out.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/