Thursday, March 10, 2011

Valentine's Day

Monday February 14, 2011 Day 229

Valentine’s Day. Neither Roger nor I got a card for one another, or anything else except good wishes. We are getting to the point where we need to do that for all those gift-giving occasions - nothing or almost nothing.

Rain is forecast for today, but that does not stop Roger from heading out to chess. We have learned how unreliable the forecasts are. In fact it did not rain at all, so he stayed until he got too cold.

While he was out, I went out for a bit myself. In my wanderings, I went to the Two Euro store, where I bought Roger’s birthday present. I got him a bread bag. Really! I carries his rolled-up chess board and chess pieces in a plastic bag designed to carry two bottles of wine, one with a divider in the middle of it. However, the divider has pretty much given way, so now it is just an ordinary bag, although perhaps a bit taller than many shopping bags. I saw this bread bag, made of canvas, and realized that this would be perfect for toting his long roll of chess board with plenty of room in the bottom for the chess pieces. That’s almost nothing, isn’t it? And you can’t beat the price! Someday I will probably paint a picture of a chess piece on it, but for now it is adorned with a picture of a dancing baguette!

2 comments:

shelli said...

Did Dad like the bread bag??

cspatrick said...

I guess he did. You would have to ask him. But he uses it for transporting his chess pieces, so I achieved my end.

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/