Saturday, March 26, 2011

Art supplies

Monday March 7, 2011 Day 250

Our outing this morning was to the art supply store. Aha! I bought three tubes of paint - two browns and a good red - to supplement those paints I already have at home, I also bought five brushes and an acrylic pad, along with a palette knife, two pencils and a kneaded eraser. While at the art supply store, I signed up for a single art class in a couple of weeks. It will be a watercolor class, and the subject will be the flowers of spring. The 50€ includes equipment - the clerk told me there would be a box of 12 watercolor paints, a pencil, some brushes and watercolor paper - Arches, I hope.

This evening I produced another painting, this one a still life from the kitchen. It is better than yesterday’s - the colors I have to work with are so much better, as are the brushes. I have line control with the new brushes, so I was able to produce the basket and the dark spaces with much more precision. I called it The Lawyer and the Avocado, which is a play on words, because the French word for avocado is the same as that for lawyer: avocat.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/