Friday, March 25, 2011

Tapenade

Tuesday March 1, 2011 Day 244

Today is my sister’s birthday. Happy Birthday, Jane.

Market day again. I have often seen tapenade for sale, but I know very little about it. Today there was a new vendor at the market, and he was pressing us with tiny bits of bread topped with tapenade. He had four flavors - green olive, black olive, garlic and sun-dried tomato. He managed to sell me 16€ worth of tapenade - I hope I like it! It violated our diet to eat the bread, but they were tiny pieces, so we indulged. Surprisingly, the tapenade itself is quite low-carb, consisting mostly of olives, anchovies, capers and oil. He had some garlic and some dried tomato tapenade as well as the more traditional green and black olive flavors.

Tapenade rainbow


No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/