Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fool the eye

Thursday February 24, 2011 Day 239

This morning after breakfast, I experienced some nausea. I am not sure why. It did occur to me to wonder whether the soy milk is going bad, but I did not taste any difference in the tea, and I dismissed the idea. The nausea passed after a short while, and I forgot about it.

Troy told us about another tromper l’oeil, so this morning we went out for a walk and checked it out. It is, like the others, amazing. From a distance it is so lifelike that it is almost impossible to tell that is a trompe l’oeil. It truly fools the eye. Near the door is a fire hydrant sign, which I had to touch to discover that it is only painted on!





On our walk, we came upon a smaller trompe l’oiel on the wall of a school.

I went for a haircut this afternoon, returning this time to the same English-speaking hairdresser who cut my hair in December. Again, as with every French haircutter, she cut it shorter than I wanted. I do not know how to communicate to them the length I want my hair, which is rather short on top, not much off the back. Boy, did she cut it short on top!! There is barely enough to wrap around a roller or curling iron!

2 comments:

shelli said...

The second photo has graffiti on it. Do you think that's part of the tromper l’oeil or do you think it's real graffiti?

cspatrick said...

Hm . . .I hadn't thought about it. I assumed that it was not a part of the original painting, but I am not sure we will ever know.

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/