Friday, March 25, 2011

Painting - day 2

Thursday March 3, 2011 Day 246

I was so excited about the prospect of painting that I could not go to sleep last night - I lay there planning my next painting instead. Thanks to all my Facebook friends who were so receptive to my first picture.

I knew before I fell asleep what I would be painting today. I love the tile roofs of Europe. Do you know, we never seem to see shingles - everything is tile. So picturesque when you have grown up with shingles! But I knew that I wanted to get the play of light and shadow across the rooftop behind our apartment in the mornings. It came out pretty well, despite the limitations of the paint and canvas. I really should go ahead and buy a canvas paper tablet. Then I could treat my acrylics more like acrylics than watercolors. But maybe I should be in watercolors instead.

It is heady stuff reading the Facebook responses to my paintings. They inspire me, spur me on. Now when I walk, when I sit around, when I try to sleep, I am searching for and planning my next painting.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/