Thursday, March 10, 2011

Daffodils and depression

Saturday February 5, 2011    Day 220

The market was quite large and very crowded today. We saw Caroline Grassette there, she who hosts the AWG Cook & Eat. I introduced her to Roger. She was buying cheese and made a recommendation which was quite good. We bought olives for the first time - two different kinds. One is a pitted olive which I plan to stuff with cream cheese. The other is pitted as well, stuffed with dried tomatoes. I also bought some sprouts - two different kinds. The guy selling them has about 10 different kinds - I didn’t know there were so many!

This afternoon I went to the English book shop to buy Cutting for Stone, the AWG book club selection for Friday. I have almost 600 pages to cover by then. Should be a snap if I could let Evony go. I am addicted to an on-line game. Sigh.



I bought some daffodil stick-ons for decorating our door and stairwell. I am trying to spruce up the place a bit and to get out twice every day, both of which will lift my mood and help with the depression. Man, I hate writing about this depression. But I hate having it even more! I have had it enough times to understand a lot about how to manage it, even though I have no medication. Today was sunny and bright and almost warm - into the high teens Celsius. I was overdressed in my lined sweater and scarf this morning, so I went out in just a cardigan for a wrap this afternoon and was quite comfortable. The warmth and sunshine help. The longer days will help, too. The tulips will help, as will the new décor, for a while. Then it becomes ordinary! Sigh.

We fixed three pots of tea today. Nothing from the tea goddess. She may be lurking in the shadows.

I broke my low-carb “code” today - I used some golden syrup (1 teaspoon!) in an endive recipe. For two weeks now, no sugar, honey, syrup, flour, rice or pasta have passed my lips.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/