Saturday, March 26, 2011

Shopping for beer steins

Sunday March 6, 2011 Day 249

We took the blue tram out to Mosson today and went shopping at the flea market for some beer steins. We have company coming, and we have very little other than wine glasses in which to serve them drinks - primarily iced tea. We covered the entire grounds and only found three beer steins. The vendor wanted a Euro apiece. I tried to get her to let me have the three for two Euros, but she went into a long and unintelligible explanation of why she couldn’t let me have them for two Euros. When she finished, I forked over 3 Euros without having understood anything she said. She put them in a bag for us and we went on.

My painting this afternoon was of some steps leading up into the tiny village of Les Martelles. I thought yesterday’s painting was poor, but this one is even worse. My brushes are cheap ones from the 2€ store - more than a dozen for that price! But I have no brush control with them, no line control, and as a result the painting is the worst one yet.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/