Saturday, December 11, 2010

Still more cold, both the respiratory kind and the coat-and-gloves kind

Friday December 3, 2010 Day 156

Another day of cocooning. My cold continues on its rampage through my nose and chest. Sigh. I had a terrible night last night - I was up probably five or six times to cough up yucky stuff. Ugh. Poor Roger!

We did clean house today, and Roger moved the furniture around so that I have a little nest by a radiator, which serves to help keep me toasty. It is quite cool even in the apartment, so I am grateful for the extra warmth. He even turned “his” sofa around so that it faces the radiator, and it keeps him warmer as well.

I wasn’t feeling so badly that I couldn’t make butternut squash soup again today. We bought a section of a large squash at the market on Tuesday and I felt that I must get it processed before it goes bad in refrigerator. The recipe calls for two cups, and I had six cups of squash, so I put half of it in the soup and other half in the refrigerator. We will have one more pot of soup next week. I am glad I made tomato soup earlier this week - it is such a delightful comfort food when I have a cold.

Roger went to chess as usual, and came home quite chilled. He said the problem with having his own chess set is that, when other guys are playing on it, he has to wait until they are through to claim the chessboard and pieces.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/