Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cocooning

Thursday December 2, 2010 Day 155

I cocooned today, trying to turn the corner on my cold. The temperature did not get above seven degrees and I decided it was a day to stay in. I did not think I should subject my throat, chest or any other part of my body to the cold. The cough worsened overnight and I started wondering about bronchitis, but by the end of the day I didn’t feel any worse. I will probably stay in again tomorrow. We intended to go on the AWG walk tomorrow, but that is definitely out.

Roger went out as usual to play chess, staying until the cold and lack of light drove him homeward. I did not nap today, just sat in front of the computer in sort of a stupor. I did take the opportunity to water all my plants and work on the geraniums some more. The bug infestation is not as bad as it was, but there are still several leaves with lots of bugs. I sprayed, paying particular attention to the new growth, and I picked off a lot of the leaves with bug infestations. They do look better now. I intend to spray them once more before we leave next week - we will be gone for 12 days, and I hope they will look nice and cheerful and bug-free when we get back. They will spend those 12 days indoors, as we cannot afford to leave them out. There is too much of a likelihood of freeze while we are gone; after all, it has already been down below zero at least twice in the past week.
Roger took this photo of the Esplanade Charles de Gaulle decorated for Christmas

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/