Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ho hum

Sunday December 5, 2010 Day 158

I think I finally turned the corner on my cold last night. I feel SO much better today, as if I might actually survive it all; indeed, I am at the point where I want to survive it, and I can’t say that was the case earlier.

When I checked the temperature in Montpellier on the internet shortly after 8:00 this morning, it was four degrees. When I checked it again some time after 9:00, it was eleven degrees! That’s a seven degree Celsius increase in temperature. Apparently the winds turned and are now coming out of the south, bringing with them warm moist Mediterranean air, or at least not as cool as we have been having. After highs in the single digits last week, we are looking at highs of fifteen and sixteen later this week. What a welcome relief!

Despite the weather change, we did not get out again today. I still didn’t think I should subject by chest and nasal passages to the cool and damp; on the other hand, I am getting cabin fever. I haven’t left the apartment since I got home from Cook and Eat on Wednesday and I am at the point where I am tired of looking at these walls.

My grandbaby is exactly a month away from being born, assuming that s/he arrives on her/his due date. Such an exciting time, especially for Ronnie and Shelli. I do miss being there for the showers and the new baby stuff, but we plan to return to the States at the beginning of January, hopefully in time for the baby’s birth or shortly thereafter.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/