Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Monday November 29, 2010 Day 152


We had the last of the pecan pie for breakfast - not a bad way to start the morning! It tasted pretty good, but getting it out of the flan pan was a pain, and much of the pastry stayed behind. My cold seemed a bit better, but I still was not inclined to get out too much. I worked a bit on Eric’s gambling paper, but found myself sagging badly, so a little after eleven, I took a nap for about an hour. Roger went out for a fresh grain baguette for lunch, and when I got up I had soup and baguette.

This afternoon we went out to the grocery store for potatoes and milk and wine and a few sundry items. Roger bought some beef at the market on Saturday and still had half of it left, and he wanted to use it to make beef stew. With the temperature not reaching above ten degrees, I was reluctant to go out, but I’m glad he coaxed me out. I needed it.

When he left for chess, I made a second round of tomato soup. I bought Roma tomatoes at Saturday’s market and I wanted to see how they held up in the soup. I delayed making the soup, however, and was not finished when Roger got home. We had to walk around each other to do our cooking in the small kitchen. Roger was pleased that he had won a game against the strongest of the chess players, but chagrinned that he was unable to hold the board through the second game. He is still playing some good games but losing them on time.

While Roger was at chess, I also fixed his computer. His “x” key had been responding sluggishly, if at all. I popped the key cover off, removed a seed which apparently came from a grain baguette, and pressed the key cover back in place. It is much more responsive now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such an awesome wife to fix his keyboard. Peter says, "X marks the spot!" and "It's a bad seed!"

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/