Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A little bit crazy


27-10-2010
Originally uploaded by cspatrick
Saturday, October 30, 2010 Day 122
Rain, rain, rain. The high today was 16 degrees, and it was that very temperature when we got up before 8:00. This is actually pretty surprising because generally it has been in the neighborhood of six or seven degrees when we get up. Roger suggests that the wind must be out of the south, off of the Mediterranean. Shortly after we got up, it began to rain. There have been showers off and on all day, mostly on. We spent the day cocooning, swapping out the computer and reading when the other had it. Roger downloaded several sections of NPR’s Science Friday to an MP3, laid himself down on the couch and listened while dozing. I think he has to listen to each section 2-3 times before he hears the whole episode. About 3:00 we put on jackets and raincoats and took an umbrella and went to the market. We told the charcuterie guy that we wanted 250 grams of ham in one slice (I think he usually slices it very thin). He cut off a slice and it weighed 255 grams – not bad! The guy in the stall across the way jokingly gave him a hard time, accusing him of putting his thumb on the scale, and laughingly offering to allow us to reweigh the meat on his scale. We also bought some cheese, then headed to the Two Euro store where we bought a paring knife and a sugar canister. Why do I love the Two Euro store so much? I guess because I can buy anything in there that I want – I have my choice of EVERY ITEM IN THE STORE! And each item will cost me a paltry two Euros. Okay, so I’m a little bit crazy!

I love this door knocker. It is on a huge door and it makes me smile! ;-D

2 comments:

shelli said...

Isn't the two-Euro store just like the Dollar Store?

cspatrick said...

Well, it's like a $2 store - everything costs two euros.

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/