Saturday, November 27, 2010

Lazy days redux

Sunday November 21, 2010 Day 144
After a couple of lazy days, we did the Peyrou this morning, in our stepped-up mode. Exhausting, but it feels good later. I am discovering more and more how out-of-shape I am. When I get back to the States and get settled into a house, I want to find a gym and a personal trainer.

Other than that, we spent yet another pretty lazy day. It is Sunday, so there is no chess. Elisabeth is surprised that Roger would spend so much of his time playing chess with so much to do and see in and around the area. But I don’t think we can be out and about adventuring every day - we have to have our daily lives as well as our adventures. In fact, we have discovered that we generally need at least one day to recover from an adventure before we hit the next one! I do have to admit that we have really dragged these last three days, but the weather has not allowed us to get out much. It is easy to blame it on the weather - if I put that into the active voice instead of the passive, I would have to say that we allow the vagaries of the weather to keep us indoors. I guess that puts the blame where it belongs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such an English major.

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/