Monday, November 22, 2010

Gaining weight - sigh!

Monday November 15, 2010 Day 138

It was cold today and neither of us felt like pushing the other to go to the Peyrou. We got up late, then did some exercises in the apartment to assuage our guilt about not getting out. This afternoon while Roger played chess, I went shopping and walking. I went to rue Gambetta to get another teapot since we broke ours right before we left. I went to the same store at which I bought that now-broken teapot, and they had none. Sigh. I think they have reduced their regular inventory in order to make room for Christmas stuff. I did get a couple of wash cloths for Roger, as we are reduced to one at the apartment, the other one having disappeared when we did laundry before we left for Italy. I also bought a nifty little bread basket. It folds flat and has ties at the corner to create a box.

As I passed one of the local craft shops, I saw an interesting plant hanger on the wall by the shop.

Part of my goal in being out was to get in some steps, so I walked a while, planning supper in my mind and scoping out shops. Neither of us was interested in cooking tonight, as we are still trying to recover from our trip, so I decided on a rotissarie chicken which I picked up in the street. I went to an organic food shop and bought some whole wheat pasta, despite the fact that I’m pasta-ed out from Italy, and I bought some rather dubious beans from a greengrocer. I got home and started snapping the beans and awaiting Roger’s call, but he must have called just before I got home, as he got in ten minutes after I did. He said a young man showed up today at chess and stomped on everyone else! Roger did beat him one game but the young man is quite a strong player.

I have decided that I am going to have to start charting my food again. I don’t know if I have gained any weight lately, but I feel heavier. We don’t have a scale, so I can’t monitor my wieght in that manner. My clothes don’t feel any snugger, but I just feel heavier overall. Italy was hard on me, with pasta almost every meal and, of course, cannoli and other Italian goodies to snack on, not to mention our Patrick cookies. Sigh. I am thwarted in my food charting in that the journal I usually use doesn’t work properly in this MS Works spreadsheet that I am limited to on my new computer. Sigh. I have an MS Office, but it is in LaPlace, locked in a storage unit. I have determined that I will borrow Roger’s laptop a couple of times a day and enter my eats and exercise. This won’t take too long and I am sure I can usually catch the computer idle occasionally. I also need to exercise more, so one of my goals is 20,000 steps a day. But today I only got about 13,000. I’m going to have to pick it up!

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/