Friday, November 12, 2010

Beef stew - yummy!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 Day 125


We did the Peyrou, then went to the market below, where we bought nothing - just strolled along checking out the offerings. We are getting ready to leave for a week, and don’t want food in the house. We were willing to buy some beef for a stew, but we didn’t find any there that we wanted. On the way home, we stopped at the halle at the top of our street and got some stew meat.

Roger played chess this afternoon, losing all his games. While he was out, I bought some bug spray for my geraniums. Several of the leaves have holes eaten in them with insect eggs all around the holes. I took one of the leaves with me and handed it to the shopkeeper, who indicated an aerosol produce which I hope will work. I came home and spent some time on the computer, then peeled potatoes and carrots for our stew. Roger brought home a baguette as a delicious addition to the stew. He assembled the stew and cooked it and it was quite delicious - he is a really good cook.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/