Monday, February 21, 2011

Tulip planting time

Friday February 4, 2011    Day 219

I continue to be amazed at the weather forecasts. The high for today was predicted to be 14 degrees, but when I went out for my afternoon walk, it was already 17 degrees. Go figure!

I planted the tulip bulbs today - five in each of two window boxes. This is a beautiful day to encourage them - bright and sunny. Unfortunately, neither of the windows on which the boxes sits gets any direct sunlight. I do not think this will prevent the tulips from blooming, however.

On my jaunt out, I purchased yet another teapot. We now have three “whole“ pots, which is not too many considering that we make hot tea three times a day most days. We shall see if the tea goddess’ hunger is slaked, or whether there will have to be another sacrifice soon.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/