Friday, February 4, 2011

Heading to our home away from home

Thursday January 20, 2011 Day 204

We rose and packed, trying to tuck into our luggage all our purchases and some other stuff we had picked up at Shelli’s. As I was packing, I came across the pair of shorts I wore to the doctor’s office last week. The button was missing from the waist and they were a few years old, so I decided to toss them in the trash. Before I did so, however, I checked the pockets, and there were my Sam’s card and Discover card! No wonder I couldn’t find them! We got everything in and met the weight limit after I moved a pair of shoes into a carry-on. Then we sat around and held Brennan and talked with Ronnie and Shelli until it was time to load into the car and go to the airport. I called Alicia on the way and discussed where to meet her in the Atlanta airport. Our plane did not leave for Atlanta until 1:15, so Roger and I split a hamburger at TGIFriday’s - my first hamburger in ages. While there, I called Alicia again and suggested to her that she would only get to visit with us for 15-20 minutes at the airport, as the regulations suggest that we arrive for an international flight about two hours before the scheduled departure. After a brief discussion and with my encouragement, she decided not to come meet us. It hardly seems worth it for her to make the trip all the way out to the airport for that short a time.

The flights to Atlanta and to Paris were uneventful. There is always a medication dilemma on a flight such as this - when do I take pills and use my inhaler, and how often? I should probably be counting 12-hour segments, but then when I adjust my watch, I lose track.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/