Saturday, February 19, 2011

Depression. Sigh

Tuesday January 25, 2011    Day 209

My blogs have become ordinary - that is, if they were extraordinary at any time! In fact, they are probably pretty boring now. This is due to two things which are intertwined. The first is the cold - because we do not like the cold, we do not go out in it a lot. This leaves me with very little to blog about. We have quit exploring France and Europe for a time. The other reason for my boring blogs is that I am depressed. I suffer from occasional bouts of depression, and can usually get medication which is helpful in pulling me through a psychological bad spot. Unfortunately, I have no access to any depression medication here - I have no doctor, and I don’t intend to see one for this; nor do we have any insurance. A couple of things will help me in the coming weeks: there will be more sunshine and the days will get warmer. These two factors will help pull me out of my depression. Additionally, Roger is very tolerant, and great at helping pull/push me along. SIGH!

We finally tackled the job of cleaning the apartment. We gave ourselves a couple of days to recover after our transatlantic trip, then yesterday I was consumed with Cook and Eat, and when I got back around 3:00, Roger was at chess. For us, apartment cleaning is best done in the morning, so we put it off from yesterday to today.

We decided to start on a low-carb diet, as our trek here in France has expanded our waistlines as well as our horizons. We got started off on it, but we still had two slices of the pie left from Sunday, so that short of shot the diet for the day!

We went to the market to shop for low-carb foods. We have a major problem in that we have lots of apples on hand since I only made one apple pie instead of two. Apples have about 15 carbs apiece, and when your carb ration is 30, that means you can eat two apples, and nothing else but meat or eggs for the rest of the day!!

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/