Saturday, February 19, 2011

Low carbs

Wednesday January 26, 2011    Day 210

We did more experimenting on low-carb diet. I am having to grope my way through it, as it is quite foreign to me.

We walked to the grocery store, taking our rolling shopping cart. There is lots we need to stock up on for our new diet - meat, butter, cream, eggs . . . . But no fruit, very little vegetables, no bread, potatoes, pasta, rice or other of the things that have made up our diet for all our lives. I truly do not know how long we will last on this diet, but I do want to give it a fair shot. This is the first weight-losing expedition that Roger has joined me on, and I want to make the most of it.

While we were out, we stopped by the tourist office to check on concerts, etc. We did not find anything of interest. From there we bought two of what I though were ceramic knives. I was fooled by their colorful blades. But they are not ceramic, only painted or coated stainless steel. Still, they are pretty nice. And I didn’t pay a ceramic price for them!

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/