Saturday, January 23, 2016

Changing our train tickets

Tuesday June 14, 2011                                    Day 349
Roger had purchased our train tickets over the internet, and while he was at chess, I went to the train station to arrange to cancel them. When I got to the station, however, there were two trains listed on the board which were delayed over an hour, and the line at the ticket agent’s windows was long and snaky, so I returned home.

I painted a bit this afternoon, but the picture is a struggle and is not coming along well. So around 5:00, I gave up and returned to the train station, getting a wonderful agent this time who speaks reasonable English. I purchased the tickets for our trip to Munich, but was unable to cancel ours to Switzerland because I did not have the right credit card. Roger and I have separate HSBC France account numbers, although we share the same account, and his card has a different number from mine. The agent assured me that, if we have bought them on the internet and not yet printed them out, we can cancel them on the internet.


I alarmed Roger a bit when I told him that I had charged the new tickets without canceling the old ones, as our HSBC account is running low and our funds transfer request has not yet come in. So he got online and canceled the Switzerland tickets – a feat I had tried earlier but was unable to accomplish. Fortunately, the issue with the bank did not arise, as we never got an overdraft notice nor were we charged any fees, so things worked out okay.

Returning from the train station, I saw a woman . . .
. . . setting up an exhibit.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/