Monday, August 16, 2010

Abyssinian cat


Abyssinian cat
Originally uploaded by cspatrick
Sunday, August 15, 2010 Day 46
It is 59 degrees F. and raining – this at about 2:00 in the afternoon. The high for the day was supposed to be 62 degrees, but I doubt that it got that warm. This morning we slept late, then went to the market. I bought a black radish. It is a huge vegetable, the size of a small zucchini. I will be shredding it with a grater and using it in my salads in the coming days. We also bought some potatoes, half a rotisserie chicken, some bread and 200 grams of quiche lorraine, which was our lunch. Delicious!

Here’s a shout-out to Jane and to Trudy – welcome to my blog. I welcome any input in the form of comments, emails or anything else you care to throw my way about the blog. Enjoy!

The other day I went down the little side street to see the cat whom I visit whenever I need a cat fix. As I walked down the street, calling “kitty, kitty, kitty,” I spotted a beautiful Abyssinian in the middle of the street. She was out there with her owner, and she let me pet her briefly before she ducked inside the open door. Oddly enough, her coloring is much the same as that of the other cat, but of course, she has much less fur. Gorgeous!

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/