Monday, July 19, 2010

Lazy Day

Saturday, July 17, 2010 Day 17
This morning was clean-the-apartment time. We split the work and had it done in about an hour, although I chose to clean the shower stall, which took an extra 15 minutes or so. It is smaller than a phone booth, for those of you old enough to relate. This is also laundry day and hair-washing day, as I am leaving for Innsbruck early tomorrow morning. I think I have tamed my fears about this trip, but there is still some level of anxiety hanging on. It will be good to get there and see my sisters. We always have a wonderful time.

It was a very lazy day, with no picture of the day and not much to write about. We did go out and buy 70€ (!) worth of fruit for my trip – mangoes, apricots, melons, cherries. Yum! Now, if I can just transport them to Austria without bruising them terribly and without having the melons break in my luggage.

We had a late dinner at a restaurant barely 100 yards from our apartment – didn’t even leave until after 8:00. I had fois gras and talked Roger into trying some. He agreed that it wasn’t too bad. It was actually very mild, and it was really rather like eating butter on bread. Just lots of fat! Roger had a shrimp appetizer (that which the French call an entrée). I had fish with mashed potatoes and zucchini for my main course (plat), and Roger had crispy lamb. It turned out that the lamb was covered with a crepe which was crisp, thus the “crispy” part. The lamb was underneath and it was more like chunks of lamb. It was good. We skipped dessert, as we had a pineapple in the refrigerator which we had to eat.

Once we returned home around 10:00, I began packing, then we set two alarms and went to bed.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/