Sunday, May 9, 2010

Waiting, waiting for a buyer

I started an entry almost a week ago but somehow it didn’t get saved. At that time we were at PJ’s drinking iced tea and availing ourselves of their wi-fi connection. We were there because Stella called about 1:50 on Monday and asked us if we could have the house ready to show in 30 minutes. We said “of course,” and started scrambling. Fortunately, since it had just been shown the morning before, it was in pretty good condition. We had to wipe down the bathroom and kitchen, clear the table, put away a few things, and we were ready to leave in 25 minutes. We stayed away an hour, then returned to the house. When we drove by, there were still cars out front, so we went to Ace Hardware to get a primer bulb for the weed eater, then returned again to our street. The cars were still there, but three people stood on our porch talking. We parked in the shade down the street and waited about 10 minutes before everyone finally left. Stella later called the Realtor for feedback, but that Realtor said she had shown so many houses to this particular couple that they all ran together and she couldn’t remember our particular house. Nor could Stella get any feedback on the Sunday showing.

Next weekend Prudential is having a Super Open House wherein they are featuring all their listed houses. We agreed to include our house. We won’t be here – we are going to Texas one last time – but they don’t want us to be here anyway. We will probably lower the price after the open house if we don’t get any nibbles. In the meantime Roger has been painting the trim at the back of the house. This is made difficult by the lack of easy access to the second floor eaves. He has to stand on a ladder and essentially paint without seeing what he is painting. He is making slow but steady progress.

I have over half of the artwork and pictures wrapped and boxed. I hope to finish that job tomorrow or Tuesday. I need to finish it before we leave on Wednesday. Shelli’s room is in something of a shambles right now with pictures strewn around among bubble wrap, large cardboard boxes and scissors. I have to have it all cleaned up by Wednesday, and I don’t want to have to get it all out again, so I want to finish up.

Today is Mother’s Day, and the scales were very nice to me this morning. We went bicycling for over an hour and a half, and I did not have a granita like I did yesterday. Little did I dream that a granita would cost me 7 points!!!! Yesterday we biked for about an hour and a half, and ended with a stop at PJ’s for drinks. I decided to spring for a small granita, as that was what Roger was having. NEVER AGAIN!!

I am planning my final sorority luncheon for either the next-to-the-last weekend in May or the first weekend in June. I don’t want to have it over the Memorial Day weekend. We have to start emptying the house around the beginning of June, so I would rather have it in May. I usually host it on Saturday at noon, but I may bump it to Sunday. I need to decide soon and get the invitations out. I have traditionally hosted a pot luck luncheon, but I am contemplating doing it all myself and serving salad, quiche and bread plus dessert.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/