Friday, May 28, 2010

My final luncheon

Sunday, May 23, 2010

The invitations to my final luncheon went out yesterday – I invited nine ladies. I know that two of them can come. Here’s hoping that most of the rest can make it as well. I know that Sharon probably won’t – it is too much for her to get here from Ponchatoula. Babs hasn’t come to any of my luncheons for the past five years or so. The rest will depend upon whether they already have plans. An etiquette piece I read on the internet suggested that I should send out invites six weeks in advance – well, so much for that! Our house will be empty and we will be gone in six weeks! I barely managed to get this planned for two weeks out.

I made some caramelized onion bread today – a bit of work but it is pretty good. When I was at the grocery store this morning, some sage cheese caught my eye, then leaped into my basket. The combination of the bread and the cheese is really great! I am thinking of serving it at my luncheon as an appetizer, along with some gazpacho – perhaps white gazpacho. Also, salad, shrimp impossible pie, chocolate cobbler for dessert.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/