Thursday, January 27, 2011

Family time

Thursday January 6, 2011 Day 190

I got up about 4:00 and couldn’t sleep. I got up and found that Shelli was nursing Brennan, so I invited myself in to talk with her while she nursed him. Then she changed him, swaddled him, handed him off to me and went back to bed. Heaven! When I got too tired, I put him back in the cradle, then returned to bed, arising again around 9:00 in order to hold Brennan some more. Alicia and Peter arrived at noon, and we had time with family. We had a quick take-out from deli for lunch, the a photographer friend of Shelli’s came to take pictures of Brennan and his family. Unfortunately, no one consulted Brennan on this timing, and he declared that he was not going to cooperate. It’s funny - he was good up until the time the photographer came, and he was good afterward, but during that hour, he was quite cranky!
Peter looking a little uncomfortable
with his new nephew
Alicia looks thrilled - Brennan less so.

It doesn't do to let a baby interfere with card games!

Later we shared Christmas gifts with one another. It was good to see and talk with Eric. He brought some deer meet which a friend had given him - a combination of sausage, ground meat, steaks and salami - probably 15-20 pounds in total. How nice! It was actually good to see and talk with all our kids, but Eric is the one I correspond with least, so it was particularly good to visit with him. The other four I take for granted!

Here’s a shout-out to Diane Sympson, my latest follower. Welcome! Since I only have twelve followers, it is a big deal when I get a new one.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/