Sunday, January 30, 2011

MRI

Monday January 10, 2011 Day 194

I had an MRI on my knee this morning. This was my first experience with an MRI and it was everything I had heard it would be. Fascinating process - there was an amazing amount of noise - sometimes banging, sometimes jackhammer-sounding noises, The technician gave me noise-cancelling headphones and my choice of any local radio station or several genres of music. I chose classical, but what she put in was more new-age guitar. Very nice, but not what I think of as classical.

In the waiting room before the procedure - more ubiquitous TV, analysis and over-analysis of the shootings on Saturday. Welcome to the U.S.A., where we insist that, when you are in public, you WILL listen/watch news, over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Alicia and Peter were on the road again, this time making it to Heflin, Georgia, before road conditions forced them into a hotel for yet another night on the road. Usually the trip from Dallas to Atlanta would take about 12 hours.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/