Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Knee injury?

Sunday January 2, 2011 Day 186

Several years ago - six to eight, probably - I tried moving a cast-iron tub in our back yard and injured my knee. My doctor said it was probably a torn meniscus. He took the conservative approach of basically doing nothing and waiting, and the pain went away after a week or so. Then on the cruise, I began to realize that I had a problem with my knee - not a large one - but there was just this feeling that if I twisted my knee in the wrong way, I was going to feel a lot of pain. Fortunately, I didn’t twist my knee, so I had no pain, just that funny feeling in the knee. The feeling continued intermittently throughout the cruise. In Barcelona I began to notice some pain, but not too much. And I simply had to stop and rest the knee for a couple of minutes, then I could continue walking without a problem. Every day since then, it has gotten a bit worse, and this morning when we went out for our walk, I only lasted about five minutes. It would appear that I am going to have to have surgery on the knee while we are in the States for a couple of weeks. This is NOT how I had planned to spend my time! I have a grandbaby to hold! Sigh!

We hung around the apartment most of the day. We were hoping for a Skype call from our new grandson, but this did not materialize. We did “watch” the Saints lose to Tampa Bay. Sigh.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/