Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Home again

Monday December 27, 2010 Day 180

The heater was on all night and the apartment was still cool this morning; not cold, but cooler than we generally like it. I sat by the radiator most of the day and nursed my cold.

Before noon we walked to the grocery store. Our kitchen is almost empty of food, although before we left, we made sure we had ultra-pasteurized milk and some yogurt on hand so we could have breakfast this morning.

I did manage to get three loads of laundry done, and Roger volunteered to take them to the dryer, since we needed some fresh jeans or pants, and everything we owned was dirty from the trip. Pants take at least 24 hours to dry in the apartment, and that is when it is at its normal 70 degrees or so. Since it was cooler, we knew they would take much longer.

My cold already seems better - this one did not hit me nearly as hard as the one I got shortly before our cruise. I don’t know whether I have lowered resistance or what the deal is, but I have had three colds since arriving in Europe almost six months ago. Maybe it is just exposure to new viruses, ones that don’t make the rounds in the U.S. I do not usually get even one cold per year, so having yet a third one in such a short time is a real bummer.

We got a Christmas card today from Alicia and Peter. Thanks! Two now, when I wasn’t sure we would get any!

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/