Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Black neighborhood cat - redux

Monday May 23, 2011                                    Day 327
I got started on the laundry today – lots of it from our travels and some from our guests and all of is as a result of not doing it while they were here. And it was apartment-cleaning day as well. Fun, fun, fun.

The swallows I referenced earlier (see the post of April 25 – day 299) have completed their nest and have probably laid eggs, although we cannot see into the nest to know for certain. One or the other of the pair often sits on a drying rack across the airshaft from our kitchen window. They chirp and chatter constantly.

The days have become quite warm, and this evening we had the windows in the apartment open. I was sitting in a chair when I saw a movement out of the corner of my eye. It was the cat from last night, paying a call again. I spoke to him and he paused, crouched to run away at any untoward movement from me. Since I did not move, he explored some more. Roger was in the kitchen doing dishes, and the cat headed in that direction but did not stay. Shortly thereafter, he left and I shut the bedroom window behind him.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/