Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Apricots galore!

Tuesday May 24, 2011                                 Day 328

We went to the market again today where we made our usual purchases of nuts, olives, cheese, fruit and some meat – Roger chose a pork roast this time. While he was buying the pork, I wandered down the market a bit in search of apricots. I came across a vendor packing up his truck – we were rather late getting here today, and he offered me a large box of apricots for only eight Euros. I argued that I only wanted half, but he didn’t budge, so I bought the whole box – more than 100 apricots. I am sure that Roger was dismayed, but being the good sport he is, he didn’t say too much. We also bought flowers – these not from a traditional flower vendor but from a vegetable vendor who happened to have a few nosegays at her booth. I told her I planned to paint them and she said she would like to see the finished painting.

When we got home, Roger started the pork roast and I made a compote out of several of the apricots. For dinner, we had roast with apricot glaze and a side of compote. It was really quite good. 

The cat came to visit us again, this time staying longer. At one point he lay down on a rug in our living area and rolled partially onto his back. We just left him alone, talking to him but not approaching him. After a while, he left again.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/