Monday, June 21, 2010

The end is coming

Thursday, June 17, 2010
Lunch today with the DuPont ladies – Judy, Sue and Emma. Thanks, gals, for the wonderful time and for treating me. I totally did not expect that, but I really do appreciate it. You are such sweet ladies and it’s been a pleasure knowing you – particularly Sue, who lived down the street for years and whose boys bracketed Eric in age and the three of them had such a good time, and also Judy, whom I met in the first couple of years I lived here as well. That’s not to slight Emma, but I really only met her a couple of times and those recently.

While I was out having lunch, Roger visited the storage unit once again, and did some running-around as well, picking up a prescription for me and some minor groceries.

Saturday, June 19, 2010
We picked up the truck at 8:30 and made the first run to the office, then to Frankie’s, who agreed to buy the desk, bookcase and rolling file if we would deliver them. Then we made two more runs between the house and the storage unit, finishing up just at 3:30, which is the time we had to have the truck back. We would have liked to make one more run but the time just wasn’t there. We will have to rent a truck once more on Tuesday to get the table, chairs, washer, dryer, bed, grill, file cabinet and a few miscellaneous things to the storage unit. I didn’t feel as tired as I felt after the first truck run last weekend. We ended the day eating at Italian Pie.

Sunday, June 20, 2010
The end is coming at us quickly – we leave LaPlace in two days!
The Moises came this morning to help us out. Jennifer and I cleaned out the pantry and the refrigerator and I gave her everything she would take.

When we were cleaning yesterday we came across some more shotgun shells and .22 bullets. We decided to give them to Chuck. Then when we were cleaning out the pantry, I came across all the powdered sugar I have (lots, thanks to Charlotte!) and I realized that Chuck’s wife Lisette does cake decorating and she might like it. Further, Jennifer didn’t want the five pounds of sugar I had in the freezer. There was lots more she didn’t want as well. So I called Chuck, and he said he was headed out to Walgreens and would drop by. I foisted LOTS of the remaining pantry food I had. Thanks, Chuck! It was great to hug him one more time and tell him goodbye.

While we were cleaning out the refrigerator, the guys went to the storage unit, where they took some more of our belongings and rearranged some of the stuff at the unit. Christian opined that we are doing well for space, and should be able to get everything else in just fine. We do hope!! It was great seeing them and hugging them goodbye as well.

After the Moises left, we worked more in the kitchen, bathroom, garage, etc. and made two more trips to the storage unit. We’re getting there. All the kitchen cabinets are empty except for a couple. Most of the bathroom cabinets are empty. The entire upstairs is empty except for a few pictures I need to finish packing. The den is empty except for the TV, the lamp, two end tables and the footstool. We will be taking the TV with us to Alicia’s. The dining room has only the table and chairs. The living room has a chair and a couple of miscellaneous items.

We went out to eat at New Orleans Hamburgers and Seafood for the last time!! Then we relaxed in front of the TV watching golf, of all things! There was a cup of cream in the refrigerator so I made pudding for the last time with a box I found in the pantry, and it was really thick and creamy.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/