Monday, July 18, 2011

Computer ordering glitches

Wednesday May 4, 2011               Day 308

We went for an hour walk this morning. While we were moving through the Peyrou, we saw a gentleman doing some killer ab work – he raised his hands, put one foot onto a bench, then steadily and gracefully brought the other leg up, paused, and lowered it to the ground. He repeated this several times, then switched to the other leg. I hurt just watching him.
Roger tried out a sundial at the Peyrou.
Although you cannot tell it here, it was off by two hours.

Here is a view of St. Anne's Church through the Peyrou fence.
We bought salmon and asparagus at the grocery store and had that for supper. Roger is getting more tolerant of asparagus, but I don’t think he will ever come to love it. 

We Skyped with Shelli and Brennan in the evening. Shelli got an interesting call from Dell earlier in the day. She described it as a little dance between two people, neither of whom wanted to reveal too much information. The Dell representative wanted to know why someone in France with a Texas address was ordering a computer to be sent to Atlanta. Shelli on the other hand, didn’t know I had ordered the computer, so she was running blind, not wanting to reveal too much and yet wanting to help the woman out. Apparently she did a good enough job, because later in the day we got the confirmation from Dell.

I told Alicia I was ordering the computer, because I needed her agreement to bring it, and also because I needed to verify where to have the computer shipped. There have been a number of instances of packages disappearing off of neighborhood porches in the area around Alicia’s and Peter’s house, and she told us some time ago that if we wanted to deliver a package, to have it sent to Peter’s work address, which I did not have. But I didn’t bother to tell Shelli, simply because I did not think of it as a high-priority need-to-know item for her. Thanks, Shelli, for stumbling through that for me.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/