Thursday, May 26, 2011

To market, to market to buy some more flowers

Saturday April 30, 2011                                                                                         Day 304

The market today was even fuller than usual - there was a boules tournament going on, with coverage by a local radio station whose DJ served as announcer. Boules appears to be akin to horseshoes, except that they use metal balls about the size of a baseball. They begin by throwing a much smaller wooden ball into the ring and that becomes the goal. The players try to throw their boules as close to the goal as possible, hoping to knock out someone else in the process.

We bought some flowers for the flower boxes - dahlias, petunias, marigolds.

My sciatic nerve has been bothering me seriously today. I stretched it out a couple of times which only seemed to help some. After dinner I took a warm bath - a real rarity for me! That seemed to help a bit as well, as did the further stretching afterward. I am truly beginning to feel like an old lady!

I started another painting today - I got the wash done and will start the main coat tomorrow. If I were working in oils, I think this could be a fantastic painting. Who knows how it will turn out in acrylics.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/