Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lots going on

It has been too long since I wrote - so much has happened in the interim that I am not sure where to start.

First, we decided to try to get the house on the market for the April 7 MLS tour, so we hired a painter. He has completed most of the interior and is starting on the front exterior. He is not going to be able to do the sides and back, as they are in too poor a shape. We have not determined what we are going to do about those areas. Sigh.

We ordered the vanity countertops for the two larger bathrooms and they came in Saturday. We got the one in the master bedroom installed Tuesday evening although the plumbing is not connected yet. I wanted the top installed before I went in for surgery. That way, Roger can do the plumbing and get it ready for use even though I cannot help.

Why can't I help? I am lying in bed today, having had surgery on my foot to excise my Morton's Neuroma yesterday. It feels as if someone placed a red-hot poker up my foot. Ouch! I was considering waiting until Jami's wedding on April 24 but decided that date is too close to our insurance change-over related to retirement, which starts May 1. If something happens and I can't have the surgery in that last week, then it will cost us considerably more to have it later. I am in a great deal of pain. Further, I made the mistake of taking a Percocet on an empty stomach. I had something to eat about half an hour later, which made me nauseous and I upchucked the breakfast. I have now eaten a couple of peanut butter crackers and two cheese crackers and a bowl of fruit and a soft drink, and I'm feeling much better. I am struggling with whether to take another Percocet or not.

I think that's all for this post. I will share more news later.

No comments:

 
http://frenchlving.blogspot.com/